The Science to Lead Markets
Job Opening: Infrastructure Engineering Lead
Sentrana offers groundbreaking technology and solutions that allow large to small organizations to accurately predict and optimize the impact of their key decisions in Sales and Marketing such as pricing, promotion, product mix and other activities of the sales force. The scientific innovations embodied within our core MarketMover® Platform enable our clients to predict and execute an optimized set of pricing and marketing decisions that drives key strategic outcomes such as market share and profitability gains. We provide both analytical insight and business domain expertise that drive corporate strategy, and day to day execution capabilities at every point of customer interactions and exchanges. Our Software as a Service (SaaS) platform allows our client’s to quickly realize the benefits of our advanced analytics and execution capabilities without needing to invest and manage a complex, high-performance, massively parallel computing and communication infrastructure.
We are committed to ensuring our clients not only realize their full growth and profit potential – but become innovators in their industries. At Sentrana, we invite talented thought leaders to help us fulfill this commitment through unmatched innovation in the fields of mathematics and statistics, software engineering and information technology, and business and commerce – thereby enabling continuous evolution of human potential through science, technology and cognition.
Your RoleWe are seeking outstanding candidates with a demonstrated track record of innovative thought leadership and implementation discipline.
The Infrastructure Engineering Lead’s role includes two key foundations: (1) Visioning and developing the next generation Sentrana infrastructure for managing, accessing and analyzing massive amounts of data at very high speeds, and (2) managing and optimizing the existing Sentrana infrastructure as well as the day to day responsibilities of the Infrastructure Engineering team which currently includes one database administrator and one systems administrator in the US, one primary service provider which provides network administration and engineering, data center services and remote hands administration services, and one junior systems administrator in Bangladesh.
Working closely with world-renowned scientists, engineers, business domain experts and with executive managers of our Fortune 500 clients and partners in a small team environment, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the rapidly evolving science and technology of quantitative marketing and demand optimization.
At Sentrana, the lines between R&D, product development, and client engagement are blurred – so you'll see the results of your efforts in days or weeks not years. Our heritage is one of entrepreneurship, where individuals' innovative ideas are prized and rapidly re-shape the capabilities of large-scale enterprises. Because you'll be on a small cross-functional team that is responsible for both business and technology decisions, you will have immediate visibility on the relationship between your efforts and the ultimate technology impact that it creates.
Your ResponsibilitiesIn the first role, the Infrastructure Engineering Lead will work closely with the Director of Technology Operations, the Chief Technology Officer, the Chief of Client Engineering and other key members of Sentrana’s technical staff to:
- Refine the vision for Sentrana’s future infrastructure technology, operations and management
- Define the stages of development to create the plans, research areas, testing of technologies and methodologies, engineering of the new infrastructure and migration paths for Sentrana’s applications and clients
- Conduct research and experimentation to test and evaluate potential solutions for Sentrana’s future infrastructure
- Lead the development, configuration and deployment of new technologies, processes and tools
- Manage team members from Sentrana’s Infrastructure Engineering team, service providers and other parts of Sentrana in the day to day implementation, migration and management of the future infrastructure
- Directly manage and mentor junior members of the team in database administration and systems administration
- Identify priorities and assign Sentrana employees or service providers to accomplish tasks
- Manage, evolve and optimize Sentrana’s open source virtualization system
- Optimize and manage the existing Microsoft SQL Server on Windows Server 2008, as well as open source MySQL and Infobright database servers on Linux
- Manage the transition to a flat, non-blocking high speed network architecture
- Manage and optimize the disaster recovery and business continuity and data security tools, operations and procedures
- Develop efficient provisioning capabilities to quickly bring new clients and solutions online
- Coordinate with the software engineering and product management teams to ensure that we gather infrastructure requirements imposed by software
- Provide an accurate assessment of project risk and mitigation strategies to minimize cost, scope, and schedule impact
- Identify and manage project issues to resolution to ensure that schedule, scope, and cost impacts are minimized
In the second role, the Infrastructure Engineering Lead will manage the day to day activities of the Infrastructure Engineering team as they support the existing client facing and internal development infrastructure, as well as support ongoing software development and scientific computing efforts. This will include:
- A minimum of five years as a systems administrator, infrastructure engineer or similar role
- Deep experience with server technologies (e.g., storage, virtualization, operating systems and disaster recovery)
- 3Some experience with or knowledge of software development and software development tools and methodologies
- A minimum of basic experience with and understanding of scripting or programming languages such as Python, Perl or other methodologies for automating and expanding infrastructure and operations capabilities
- A solid background in and understanding of networking, including experience with or knowledge of routing technologies, switching fabrics, virtual networking technologies, etc.
- A good understanding of and experience with supporting databases and their usage (preferred databases include Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and Infobright)
- A deep understanding of Linux in both the server and workstation role. Should have experience building, managing, tuning and troubleshooting high performance systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Software Engineering, other Engineering or related discipline.
- A solid understanding of IT security principles and technologies as well as experience in implementing them
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Experience managing and mentoring the day to day activities of a small team to accomplish complex tasks
- Experience planning, organizing and executing the testing, development, implementation and/or deployment of new technologies into production
- Experience in understanding the role of technical architecture and developing and implementing solutions based on architectural principles, guidelines and patterns
- Experience in working with subordinates collocated and in remote offices, multiple partners and clients to develop and implement technical solutions
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY OPEARATIONS AND PROJECTSWe offer a generous and comprehensive compensation package, including competitive salary, annual performance bonus, equity ownership through stock option, health, vision and dental benefits, company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability, company matched 401(k) retirement plan, maximum allowable commuting benefits, industry standard vacation, personal time off and holidays and generous funding for training and education,plus a collaborative, tier-one management team and peer groups.
More importantly, we provide an intellectually fertile environment for people to learn, experiment, and grow. Our work focuses on difficult problems that have no easy answers – indeed it is our pursuit and embrace of such problems that inspires the growth of our associates and our enterprise.
To apply, please submit your résumé and cover letter directly to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Subject: Infrastructure Engineering Lead)