The Science to Lead Markets
Job Opening: Quantitative Analyst Intern
Sentrana is committed to seeking out promising talent from top business schools and offers a challenging internship experience for candidates entering the final year of their MBA program. In addition to strong academic performance, Sentrana is interested in students who:
- Have a passion for machine learning, data mining and are excited to work in a culture of invention and innovation
- Are quantitatively-driven in their thinking with an unrelenting drive to understand the facts surrounding a problem
- Think out-of-the-box and love solving problems/puzzles
We ask that interns spend 10 - 12 weeks with Sentrana, from approximately June through August to give you enough time to get deep into a project and create real impact. Quantitative analyst candidates will spend their internship as a member of the modeling team, but your experience here will span across the organization. Your primary responsibility will be to aid members of the modeling team in developing, implementing, and testing the performance of some modeling frameworks. You will interact with senior members of the modeling team and internal solution development teams to articulate the details of your modeling efforts and debate the intricacies of alternative modeling approaches.
Versatility and the flexibility to adapt to new situations are essential. Ideal candidates have a GPA of at least 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. All interns will work in our Washington, DC office, and successful candidates may be offered full-time positions to begin after graduation.
- Deep theoretical and practical expertise with conventional and emerging econometric and statistical modeling techniques, including but not limited to multivariate regression, hierarchical Bayesian modeling, Bayesian nets, data mining (e.g. clustering, classification, association mining etc), and Markov chain Monte Carlo simulation (e.g. Gibbs sampler, Metropolis-Hasting sampler, etc)
- Strong statistical modeling experience with R, S+, SAS, Matlab or SPSS
- Software development experience with C/C++, C#, JAVA or Fortran preferred
- SQL and database programming experience preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required
To apply, please submit your résumé and cover letter directly to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org