The Science to Lead Markets
Job Opening: Software Engineer
About UsSentrana offers groundbreaking technology and solutions that allow large to small organizations to accurately predict and optimize the impact of critical financial decisions within their Sales and Marketing departments. The scientific innovations embodied within our core MarketMover® Platform enable users of our technology to predict and execute an optimized set of pricing and marketing decisions that drives key strategic outcomes such as market share and profitability gains. We provide planning, reporting, and deep analytical insight through a combination of our groundbreaking technology and our thought leadership to drive C-Suite decisions as well as front-line day to day execution. Our Cloud Based Big Data Analytics platform allows our client’s to quickly realize the benefits of predictive insight from reams of data without needing to invest and manage their own complex technology infrastructure or build-out a large internal organization of planning, analysis, forecasting, and reporting professionals.
We are committed to ensuring our clients not only realize their full growth and profit potential – but become innovators in their industries. At Sentrana, we invite talented thought leaders to help us fulfill this commitment through unmatched innovation in the fields of mathematics and statistics, software engineering and information technology, and business and commerce – thereby enabling continuous evolution of human potential through science, technology and cognition.
We provide an intellectually fertile environment for people to learn, experiment, and grow. Our work focuses on difficult problems that have no easy answers – indeed it is our pursuit and embrace of such problems that inspires the growth of our associates and our enterprise.
Your RoleWe are seeking highly capable engineers at a range of experience levels who have the ability work in a dynamic environment solving challenging design and implementation problems, and building the next generation of advanced analytics software.
As a Software Engineer at Sentrana, you'll drive the development of our enterprise software solutions and services. Working closely with world-class scientists, engineers, and product managers in a small team environment, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the rapidly evolving science and technology of quantitative marketing and fact-based, optimal decision making.
Because you'll be on a small cross-functional team that is responsible for both business and technology decisions, you will have immediate visibility on the relationship between your effort and the ultimate technology impact that it creates.
Your ResponsabilitiesYour primary responsibility will be to architect, implement, and enhancement of our products to meet new technical and performance requirements. You will be responsible for building reliable, highly maintainable, and robust web-based enterprise software. At Sentrana, you will have the opportunity to work across a range of technologies including the development front-end web applications, middle-tier services, and the large-scale databases that drive business insight and advanced predictive models.
As software engineer you will be expected to:
- Act as a core team member in the development of Sentrana’s technology products including:
- Working with product managers and development leads to define the overall concept for new solutions, define functional requirements, and define technical requirements.
- Developing detailed technical designs system components including the design of software and supporting database structures.
- Building the system components in accordance with Sentrana’s technical and quality standards.
- Research emerging technology through pilot or pathfinder projects.
- Participate in rapid prototyping efforts and the development demonstration software to help refine product direction and gather user feedback.
- Be a full participant in Sentrana’s product innovation by identifying and advocating for opportunities to improve our existing products or bring new products to market.
- At least 6 years of experience developing software in a team environment.
- Experience developing enterprise software products or large-scale online services is preferred.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Proficiency in the fundamentals of Computer Science including an understanding object-oriented analysis and design, algorithms, data structures, and complexity theory.
- An understanding of basic concepts in probability and statistics, and the ability to quickly understand and implement quantitative algorithms with guidance from senior engineers and quantitative modelers.
- Some exposure to machine learning and AI concepts and approaches.
- Experience with widely used programming languages such as Java, Ruby, C, C++, or C#.
- Excellent written and verbal communications with the ability to clearly describe complex technical concepts to others.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server is preferred, but not required.
We offer a generous compensation package, including an equity stake, plus a collaborative, tier-one management team. More importantly, we provide an intellectually fertile environment for people to learn, experiment, and grow. Our work focuses on difficult problems that have no easy answers – indeed it is our pursuit and embrace of such problems that inspires the growth of our associates and our enterprise.
Contact UsTo apply send your resume and cover letter to:
(Subject: Software Engineer)