The Science to Lead Markets
Job Opening: Systems Administrator
We are seeking outstanding candidates with a demonstrated track record of innovative thought leadership and implementation discipline.
Your RoleAs our Systems Administrator, you will support the development, implementation, and operation of the IT infrastructure supporting our advanced analytical solutions. Fast, reliable data access and analysis is central to Sentrana's business solutions. As a systems administrator, you will play a critical role in ensuring our enterprise system is properly functioning to bring our solutions to market. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals who wish to participate in the full lifecycle of solution development from concept to operation.
Working closely with world-renowned scientists, engineers and with executive managers of our Fortune 500 clients and partners in a small team environment, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the rapidly evolving science and technology of quantitative marketing and demand optimization.
At Sentrana, the lines between R&D, product development, and client engagement at the executive level are blurred. As a result, you will see the results of your efforts in days or weeks, not years. Our heritage is one of entrepreneurship, where individual innovation is prized and can rapidly re-shape the capabilities of large-scale enterprises. Because you will be on a relatively small, cross-functional team that is responsible for both business and technology decisions, you will have immediate visibility on the relationship between your efforts and the ultimate impact they create.
Your ResponsibilitiesYour primary responsibility will be to develop, implement and optimize our quantitative analytics solutions to meet the real-world standards of predictive accuracy and computational performance. Your knowledge of machine learning and statistical techniques will provide unique insight and perspective to the development process, while your background in software design and high-performance computing will have direct impact on the production implementation. You will be expected to build robust, maintainable software using the best software engineering practices. You must be conversant in high-level mathematical concepts, to facilitate interaction with other members of the engineering or quantitative modeling teams. You must also exhibit exceptional communication skills, to convey these high-minded concepts to people from all backgrounds.
Your ResponsibilitiesAs a systems administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Creating and troubleshooting Windows, Apple MacIntosh and Linux client PCs and system images
- Creating and managing Windows servers
- Creating and managing Linux servers and workstations
- Setting up and maintaining data backup and disaster recovery systems
- Creating and enforcing IT security policies and controls
- Assigning, modifying and removing user access to network resources, applications and databases
- Troubleshooting user issues for Sentrana's onshore and offshore teams
- Managing and monitoring Sentrana network resources, utilization and configurations
- Maintaining and troubleshooting the virtual private network connections between sites including data centers and offices in the US and Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Creating, modifying, removing and troubleshooting user mailboxes on Sentrana's hosted email provider
- Documenting Sentrana network, server and application infrastructure
QualificationsAs a systems administrator, you will be responsible for:
- A minimum of three years as a systems administrator
- Experience in using server technologies (e.g., RAID, virtualization and backup/disaster recovery.).
- A solid background in and understanding of networking, including what an IP address and netmask are, and the basic difference between packet switching and routing
- Experience with granting and removing access privileges
- A good understanding of databases and their usage (could be some experience with a single database)
- A solid understanding of Linux/Unix
- Experience with VPN technology
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Technology or related discipline
- Ability to train and mentor junior IT personnel
- A good understanding of IT security principles and technologies
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and outstanding oral and written communication skills
We offer a generous compensation package, including an equity stake, plus a collaborative, tier-one management team. More importantly, we provide an intellectually fertile environment for people to learn, experiment, and grow. Our work focuses on difficult problems that have no easy answers – indeed it is our pursuit and embrace of such problems that inspires the growth of our associates and our enterprise.